Tuesday, October 7, 2008

Creativity...

When I first listened to President Uchdorf's talk at the General Relief Society Meeting I thought it was a strange topic to address given the current unrest in the world. But over the last week I have given it a lot of thought and I believe that it has more relevance than I first gave it credit for. We often believe that we will get satisfaction from the things that we "have" and we do get an initial rush from purchasing something. But the rush is temporary. I have been de-junking my house and am finding a lot of "things" that do not give me satisfaction. In fact, they just cause me trouble! If I can learn to find joy in the doing- in the creating and the serving- I can find a more lasting "rush" and hopefully be able to be someone else's "angel" at the same time. Now, how to do it...

No comments: