Friday, August 7, 2009

Funny week

It's been a strange week around here. Ammon is at EFY, Emma is at girls camp, and even Jonah was gone one day to a science camp (he learned how to see his own DNA using only shampoo, saltwater, and something else.) I feel like I have spent a lot of time checking on people who aren't even here. We have been busy as bees packing and getting our ducks in a row for our vacation. Now it is finally the time and we are ready to go. Jonah is so incredibly nervous though that I think we're going to have to go swimming today (indoor since it is cold outside) to try and work off some of his energy. I'm excited to have everyone back together again, but a little nervous about having everyone coming off of these big events and having to drive together for 60 hours without much processing time. I burned 50 hours of books on CD, everybody chose their 3 favorite movies, I bought 20 new books at DI, we have the Gameboys, I made a whole book of travel games, and now if I just had a patience pill we'd be all set. Wish us luck!

1 comment:

Rebekah said...

You will be surprised. We drove cross country and the kids did great! With only ONE time taht Jon pulled over and said: If you think I won't leave you here in Kansas, you are WRONG! Quit fighting! :) Give them disposable cameras to take their OWN pictures of the trip that they (or You) can scrapbook later. It's fun to look through the pictures and see how each kid saw the trip differently. Good luck! I cant' wait to see the pictures!