Friday, August 28, 2009

Fabulous vacation






We are now converted to road trips. I was nervous about the long drive (it ended up being about 70 hours), but we had a great time and no one really got too stir crazy. We went to Liberty Jail, Far West area, Nauvoo, the Museum of Science and Industry in Chicago, Kirtland, the family reunion in Medina, saw college friends in Michigan, went to Noah's Ark waterpark in Wisconsin Dells, Wi, a zoo and science museum in St. Paul, the Mall of America, and (last the best of all the game) the SPAM Museum in Austin, Minnesota. We were blessed to have to no major hiccups and we saw what a beautiful place we live in. It made me appreciate my family, both immediate and extended. It was fun to have all of our kids come back to normal as they got away from social pressures and were able to just relax and enjoy learning and seeing new things. It changed my perspective on a lot of things and I feel like I have a sense of the big picture of life. I hope that I wrote enough things down to maintain my perspective while be swamped by the details of life.

2 comments:

Char said...

Wow that is a long road trip. Glad to see your family had such a great time. We loved Nauvoo when we visited a few summers ago. We were lucky enough to see Adam married in the Nauvoo Temple. I don't think I am brave enough to drive that distance with kids. Even if they do travel well. lol

Janalee, Ryan, Emilee said...

What an amazing journey! I can't wait to hear more of the stories.