Tuesday, February 23, 2010

The Truth Comes Out

Micah had Walking Report Card tonight. It is an activity where the kindergartners come with their parents and complete a series of activities to show how much they have learned and where they need extra work. It was going about as I had expected. He was great on the basics, had trouble keeping his handwriting within the lines, right on track on math... He read his sight words really well, but then he was asked to write five sight words. He did just great on "I", "can", and "the". I expected that he wouldn't know "like" since that silent e is still a little bit of a mystery to him, but the one that caught me off guard was "we." He said "Great. No problem." and proceeded to write "w" "i" "i". He calls it like he sees it. Bummer.

4 comments:

Wendy said...

Alex spells we the same way. Wii just like the one in our living room!

Kerren said...

Who knew!!! I'm trying to get our K team to convert to the walking report card version for at least one conference. It sounds perfect to me, and it may happen. Thanks for the things you gave me to help us get it going. Micah sounds like he's doing great!

Char said...

That sounds like a great ideas to see what your kids are doing instead of just sitting there while the teacher talks. Luke is terrible with spelling. When I told him he needed to practice he said who cares if its spelled right as long as I know what I am wrighting. We finally had to bribe him to actually try.

Janalee, Ryan, Emilee said...

That is so cute!