Monday, March 9, 2009

Doctor's appointments

Ammon and Micah had their birthday doctor appointments today and it was nice to have it be non-traumatic. When Ammon was 8, I mentioned that he had a yearly check-up the next day and he flew into a panic. We could not figure out why, he just kept asking weird questions, until it finally came out that he had got an eraser tip stuck in his ear the previous summer and it was still there! This year was a no surprise year and not even any trauma. They are both really healthy and Ammon is really big. He is 5'11 and 171 pounds and the doctor said that he still has quite a bit of height to go. He didn't have any ideas on how big his feet will finally end up though. Micah is right on track and has very appropriately bruised shins from much outdoor play. Micah had to have five shots and he barely even flinched. I was so happy. I also remembered to have them print out Kindergarten immunization papers and Boy Scout Camp physical papers! While we were waiting, Micah heard a child crying and asked what was wrong. I said that he probably didn't like to have shots. Micah's reply was "Doesn't he know that he gets a cool band-aid at the end?" Band-aids are truly the answer to many of life's woes.

No comments: