Wednesday, March 18, 2009

What joining the church really means.

Jonah was our teacher for Family Home Evening on Monday and he was really enjoying using the white board. His lesson topic was the Holy Ghost, and he decided to illustrate a story he made up about a man who joined the church. He began by drawing a very dark house with Darth Vader living in the basement. After 200 stairs, the missionaries finally came to the man living upstairs and talked to him. 50 visits later he joined the church. After he did his whole life changed. Darth Vader moved, he got a new brighter house and best of all this new house had two things- food storage in the basement and the brightness of the Holy Ghost shining from above! Sounds good to me...

2 comments:

Mandee Lue said...

That is precious...Sometimes I wonder how the faith of a child could change my own life; and with this, I am learning! Thank you for sharing. I just loved it!

Janalee, Ryan, Emilee said...

Nick and Nate would have loved this lesson!