Thursday, September 3, 2009

Micah's kindergarten

Micah started kindergarten this week. He had a really long week last week waiting, especially since everybody else was already in school, but finally it was his turn. We got in the car and he said that he was excited and a little bit scared. Then, when we got to school he said that he was excited but really freaked out. He like it though and is happy that he is in school after waiting his whole life! He told me yesterday that he was "really enjoying kindergarten" because Jonah kept telling him that he should since it all gets harder from there. I told him that I think he will like it all, so to try to enjoy all of the moments.
Years ago, when I thought of my baby going to school I thought I would be sad and lonely. Actually I kind of enjoy the moments of peace. I am hoping to take this family thing like a business, and invest my profit (this little bit of spare time) into the family. I am hoping to take care of a few of my own needs i.e. exercise, spirituality, organization, eduacation...so that when I am with the kids I have a little more to give in becoming the kind of mom I really wish I was. I figure it is a chance to reinvent myself. I have found though that kindergarten isn't very long when you have a long list of goals!

No comments: