Yesterday was a full day for us. After getting home at 11;30 from play practice, we got up early and headed up Millcreek Canyon for Cub Scout Camp. Usually this is just Ammon's life since he is working there this summer, but today was Caleb's actual day to go to camp. He's been waiting for this for 8 years! He was so excited! I got to with him and it was so cute to see all of the excitement and nervousness and wiggliness that comes with 8 year olds. This was Superhero Academy Day so we went and Ammon got to be our group leader! It was so fun to see him in action. He was so patient and kind with the boys. I laughed though when he told me that he likes to eat lunch with his group for two reasons. One is just to get to know them better, but the other is they sometimes give him free food!
Caleb did great at Scout camp. He loved the BB guns, the games, the go-karts, and especially the trading post (don't they all.) He spent a lot of time worrying whether he made good choices. We told him that if he changed his mind it was okay, because Ammon can get him something any day that he wants. It was a little cold up there and I was glad I had brought up an extra sweatshirt for Ammon. He never had a chance to wear it though because I confiscated it. It was a beautiful place and it was fun to finally see in person somewhere I had heard about so much through the eyes of my sons.
No comments:
Post a Comment