Tuesday, August 5, 2008

Family party

We had a fun family party Saturday night at Steve's parents house. This was the last big get together before they (finally) will get their mission call and it was refreshing to have everyone together. The kids played for hours in the hot tub and we wondered if some of them were just going to dissolve. Ammon made macaroons (thanks Stephanie) and they turned out great. Personally, I let my friends "Marie" and "SaraLee" make my deserts, but with the steak being very filling, the pie worked out okay.
I had a friend whose parents recently came home from being mission presidents and she said that when they all got together to meet them it was like coming home again and that there had been no feeling lost in the time apart. I think that families have a magical quality that way and that because of the eternal nature of family, even though space and time keep us from being physically together, God makes it so that the distance is minimized and that the relationships can remain strong if we have the right desires.

1 comment:

Char said...

I so agree with you. With most of my siblings living across the world it is so hard to stay in touch. That is so exciting for Steve's parents Nick and I hadn't heard that they were thinking of a Mission. I couldn't think of better people for one though. Please keep us up to date. What a great family you have and what a wonderful example you guys are.