Tuesday, August 5, 2008

My mom

My mom got released from the hospital yesterday where she had been since Wednesday. She got ill and passed out at work, never your first choice to do, and when she got to the hospital they found that she had multiple blood clots in her lungs. They pumped her full of medicine and got her stable and she will be fine. In researching it however, I found that 30% of people with blood clots in their lungs are not treated and die. Because she had her worst episode at work, where she couldn't just lie down and wait for it to pass, she was able to get help and have the problem resolved before there were worse problems. Too bad doing the thing we are supposed to do is sometimes the most embarrassing, expensive, and time-consuming. I am glad that Heavenly Father made it work out.

3 comments:

Stephanie said...

So glad to hear that she's alright! What a scary thing to go through.

Janalee, Ryan, Emilee said...

I'm glad that she is home and all is well. We had a wonderful summer. Thanks for the memories!

Steph said...

Tracy I am glad your mom is doing better. My mom's doctor said that new research is showing that people with blod clots get them because of a mutation in the blood and it is genetic. You might want to check into this and see if there is some merit. I will ask my mom's doc the next time I go with her as well to see what the mutation is so I can be more informed and pass it on.